The following is an excerpt from Alex Koppelman, Dylan Byers and Brian Stelter | April 19, 2017 | CNN.com |
Bill O'Reilly is done at Fox News, its parent company 21st Century Fox said Wednesday.
"After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the Company and Bill O'Reilly have agreed that Bill O'Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel," the company said in a statement.
O'Reilly was notified Wednesday that his run at Fox News would be coming to an end, according to a source with knowledge of the proceedings.
O'Reilly's departure was precipitated by a New York Times report earlier this month that O'Reilly, Fox and 21st Century Fox had reached settlements totaling $13 million with five women who had accused O'Reilly of sexual harassment or verbal abuse. In the wake of the Times' report, at least 60 advertisers told Fox to remove their commercials from "The O'Reilly Factor."
Still, this is a turn of events that was unthinkable even three weeks ago, and it is unknown how O'Reilly will respond to Fox's decision. His representatives have not yet commented, but his lawyer indicated that a statement would be forthcoming.
For more visit: CNN.com