The following is an excerpt from Julia Craven | January 15, 2017 | Huffingtonpost.com |
Vice President-elect Mike Pence denied Sunday that there was any contact between President-elect Donald Trump’s associates and Russian operatives regarding the hacking of the Democratic National Committee during the 2016 campaign.
“Of course not,” Pence replied to host Chris Wallace’s question on “Fox News Sunday,” after avoiding the question twice. “Why would there be any contacts between the campaign?”
“This is all a distraction,” he added, “and it’s all part of a narrative to delegitimize the election and to question the legitimacy of his presidency. The American people see right through it.”
Earlier in the interview, Pence said the campaign was focused on things other than Russia.
“All the contact by the Trump campaign and associates was with the American people. We were fully engaged with taking his message to ‘Make America Great Again’ all across this country,” he said.
For more visit: Huffingtonpost.com